Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Third graders are hilarious, part 1

While making leaf prints:

Andrew: I love art. I would do anything for art. Even give up my exercise.

Andrew: You know what the scariest kind of plant is?
Me: No. What?
Andrew: The Venus fly trap.
Antonio: I have a Venus fly trap. They eat bugs.
Me: Plants shouldn't be able to do that, should they?
Antonio: Well, Venus fly traps are, like, ten percent animal. Yeah, probably five or ten percent.

Lola: Wow. Good job tracing those leaves, Miss Anderson!

During a reader's theater:

Teacher: And then Noah, I brought you some butterfly wings to put on for this part.
Noah: (groans)
Mike: And then make him wear a dress!

Teacher: So at that part, Noah, go ahead and shake your wings.
Class: SHAKE IT! SHAKE IT! SHAKE IT!


"If you get rich off this stuff, just take care of my family. I don't want my kids to have to go to college."  --Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Part one? Does that mean that there will be a part two? (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there every week, there BETTER be a part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait (: Love your third graders stories!

    ReplyDelete